Fierce Lips 101
There are endless options for lips colour and everyone can find their fit! Follow Pro Make up Artist Bolanle Okusanya Feyita expert tips for the perfect pout:
- Exfoliate and Moisturise: Make sure your lips are well hydrated to begin with, colour will emphasize cracked dry lips.
- Define: If you prefer a strong outline, map out your preferred lip shape with a lip liner first. Then apply a rich matte shade to emphasize
- Rock the trends: As well as timeless nudes, reds and oranges are the entire rave this season and there is a shade and texture for everyone!
- Consider the time of day: A sheerer shade with soft sheen will suit the day better and a more intense, matte one will work better at night.
|Formulation||What it means|
|Matte||Dry formula that is longwearing|
|Liquid||Creamy or gel formula, easy apply|
|Gloss||Sheer or pigmented, adds sheen|
|Liner||Helps to define and improve hold|
|Balm||Hydrates, soothes and moisturizes|
- Forget your lip shape: Avoid dark shades if you have thin lips, it makes your lips appear even thinner.
- Think that one colour will do: Most of us have two or more tones on our lips and you may have to mix colours to get the impact needed.
- Forget your lip liner: ‘Bleeding’ around the lip line can be prevented by going round the colour with a matte concealer in your skin tone. It will also make the definition appear sharper.
- Create a circus: Piling on lots of other colours on eyes and cheeks will be a distraction for bold lips. Opt for flawless skin as a perfect fit.