Bank Holiday Weekend: Top 5 things to do!
Not sure what to do this bank holiday weekend? Well check out our list of fun things you can get up to!
1. Notting Hill Carnival– From Sunday 28th-29th August enjoy the beautiful celebration from Caribbean diaspora across the UK from music, food, highly colourful costumes and of course the dancing. Join in the fun by watching each band bring something unique to the table, grab some traditional Caribbean food and bask in the cool Caribbean vibes.
2. Foodies Festival– On The 29th the UK biggest food festival returns to London and Oxford, where you can watch celebrity chefs cook their signature dishes, meet Great British Bake Off 2015 winner Nadiya Hussain, learn to bake, enjoy cocktails and of course enjoy all the food on offer! See here for ticket details.
3. Rastafari in Motion– Get your art game on this weekend, with a unique look at the exhibition that explores the Rastafari movement and how it has impacted British society. Showing at the Black Cultural Archives in Brixton.
4. AfroBeach Bank Holiday Beach Party– On the 27th you can find a little taste of the Caribbean in none other than Stratford’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the ‘beach’, is the perfect pre-carnival event with music you can dance to from: dancehall, soca, afrobeats and many more. Expect special beach themed events such as beach games, summery foods and drinks and beach huts! Check out here for ticket info!
5. Cambridge Cocktail Weekend– From 26th to 28th you could be enjoying cocktails from some of Cambridge’s best cocktail bars. There will be live music from DJs like Swagger, Truly Medley Deeply and BIG 10 and special cocktail competitions, cocktail masterclasses and selection of great food at the foodbar. Check out here for further details.