Laura Mercier Brand Ambassador Matin Maulawizada shows you how to create this soft eyed look.
1) The best way to apply soft shades on dark skin is to make sure you use high pigment products so they show on the skin and do not look ashy. Start by creating the perfect skin tone by applying a good foundation and adding Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage under the eyes and on blemishes.
2) Using a pigmented creamy product like a kohl pencil apply over the lid, in the corner and along the lower lash line then blend with either your finger or eyeshadow brush. This will provide a good base for the eyeshadow.
3) Set the pencil with a setting powder like Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder. This will ensure that the make up will stay in place, last longer and not crease.
4) Follow this with Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Violet Sky. Using the eyeshadow dry provides a soft pretty finish while applying wet gives the colour more intensity when needed.
5) The beauty of this look comes from the simplicity of the eyes so keep the focus there and finish the look with a nude lip-gloss or lipstick.